Kimberly Christian Church
Kimberly, Idaho, United States
POSITION TITLE: Lead Pastor
SUPERVISED BY: Elder Board
The Lead Pastor will lead the spiritual, pastoral, and administrative direction of the church. He works together with the Elders, Associate Pastor, Worship Team, Ministry Leaders, and other staff to implement the mission and vision of Kimberly Christian Church. This person’s primary responsibility is lead through prayer, preaching, and teaching, while developing leaders to accomplish the overall mission of our church. He must engage people well, create excellent environments to reach lost people, and effectively pastor our church.
Kimberly Christian Church is located in Kimberly, ID a town of approximately 3,200 people. Kimberly is a bedroom community of Twin Falls, ID which is located 3 miles west. Twin Falls is approximately 49,200 people and situated on the beautiful snake river canyon of the Magic Valley. The Magic Valley boasts gorgeous mountain and canyon views, amazing waterfalls, and all amount of activities for the outdoor adventurist. Kimberly is a growing community with a small-town feel.
• Preach a bible-based sermon, delivered in a professional manner on a weekly basis.
• Offer professional advice and counsel in the day to day affairs of the congregation including but not limited to, spiritual development, church growth, personal counseling, Bible training and teaching.
• Disciple and train the congregation in spiritual growth.
• Lead the spiritual direction of the church to cast the vision and mission of Kimberly Christian Church.
• Lead Biblical Bible study on a weekly basis.
• Provide oversight and administration to other church staff members.
• Work in harmony with Associate Pastor, worship leaders, church secretary, board of Elders, ministry team leaders and other church staff and volunteers.
• Attend a participate in all regularly scheduled meetings of the board of Elders.
• Provide written minister’s reports for the Elder board on a monthly basis.
• Visitation and encouragement of church members as appropriate.
• Provide encouragement and support to Associate Pastor of Youth and Family with children, teen, and family ministries.
• Provide encouragement and engagement with local church camp and other local missions that Kimberly Christian Church supports.
- Ministry Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Senior/Lead Ministry
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Ministry from an accredited college/university, (Preaching Ministry Degree preferred)
• Transparent, authentic, respectful, team-oriented, humble, and high integrity leadership
• Strong organization abilities including planning, delegating, and event coordination
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteers
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must meet the qualifications of an Elder in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Possess a vibrant, growing personal relationship with Christ and a desire to work in a ministry setting.
- Strong communicative skills – both verbal and written.
- Have ability to acquire new skills to enhance job performance and efficiency.
- Must pass a finger-print background check.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Ability to be proactive and a forward thinker.
· Self-regulating and possess both reliability and consistency.
· Ability to flex work schedule when needed.
· Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
· Passionate about the Mission and Vision of Kimberly Christian Church.
· Self-starter - a person who is strongly self-motivated and shows initiative.
· Exhibits a spirit of flexibility and is very willing to accept and lead through change.
· A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of moral principles.
· A chemistry that “fits” with the Kimberly Christian Church ethics and culture.
· A strong work ethic and high energy.
· Positive attitude.
· A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire church and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
· Adhere to Kimberly Christian Church’s social media guidelines and Code of Conducts.
· Represent Kimberly Christian Church’s morals and ethics in the community.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience.
Benefits: Paid vacation, Health/Vision/Dental coverage assistance, Retirement contribution, 11 paid holidays off per year, yearly Christian conference attendance.
To Apply: Please email your
- Cover letter
- Statement of Faith
- Link to a sermon
To Dale Hammond: email@example.com