Kimberly Christian Church
Kimberly, Idaho, United States
Position Available: February 1, 2020
Church Denomination: Non-Denominational
Church Size: 100-150
Job Type: Part-Time
POSITION TITLE: Church Secretary
SUPERVISED BY: Lead Pastor
The Church Secretary is the key administrator and manager of Kimberly Christian Church’s office. The Church Secretary is responsible for overseeing office administration, financial reporting, and overall church organization on a day to day basis, as well as other duties as directed by the Lead Pastor.
• Keep Kimberly Christian Church in compliance with all state and federal requirements related to HR, background checks, worship use and finances.
• Collaboration with Kimberly Christian Church Pastors, Elders, Worship Leaders, Ministry Team Leaders and other staff and volunteers
• Attend weekly staff wide meeting(s) that embody both energy and vision of Kimberly Christian Church
• Oversee organizational building use and calendars
• Supply order and management
• Maintain reports, records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
• Operate as key presence on day to day operations in church office
• Execute bank deposits on a weekly basis
• Responsible to ensure development, accurate information and timely printing of church bulletins on a weekly basis using Microsoft Word
• Responsible to ensure appropriate selection and printing of children’s bulletin on a weekly basis
• Responsible to supply weekly worship print material provided by Worship Leader in a timely manner for Sunday computer service volunteer base
• Responsible to ensure development, accurate information and timely publishing and printing of newsletter on a monthly basis using MailChimp
• Responsible to manage and organize church email including donor giving
• Provide social media management, support, engagement, postings, and updates for Kimberly Christian Church’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Retrieval and Management of church incoming and outgoing mail
• Data input and management of Church’s Membership software using Realm
• Responsible to ensure development, accurate information and timely organization of Kimberly Christian Church’s digital announcements and worship service on a weekly basis using Proclaim
• Responsible to ensure timely processing, printing, and delivery of membership giving statements on a yearly basis
• Responsible to manage Kimberly Christian Church’s website Responsible for communicating effectively with the church Elders and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for Elder’s meetings on a monthly basis
• Other duties assigned by the associate or senior pastor
- Administrative or Office Skills/Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Graphic Design
- Social Media Marketing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proficient with Mac software
• Proficient with Xerox print/copy/scan/fax
• Minimum Associate’s Degree with emphasis in Business, Administration, or Finance (preferred)
• Leadership experience (preferred)
• Transparent, authentic, respectful, team-oriented, humble, and high integrity leadership
• Accounting & finance experience to include cash-handling, data input and finance reporting (preferred)
• Strong organization abilities including planning, delegating, and event coordination
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer groups
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess a vibrant, growing personal relationship with Christ and a desire to work in a ministry setting.
- Strong communicative skills – both verbal and written.
- Have ability to acquire new skills to enhance job performance and efficiency.
- Must pass a finger-print background check.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Ability to be proactive and a forward thinker.
· Self-regulating and possess both reliability and consistency.
· Ability to flex work schedule when needed.
· Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
· Passionate about the Mission and Vision of Kimberly Christian Church.
· Self-starter - a person who is strongly self-motivated and shows initiative.
· Exhibits a spirit of flexibility and is very willing to accept and lead through change.
· A demonstrated high level of integrity guided by a sound set of ethical and moral principles.
· A chemistry that “fits” with the Kimberly Christian Church ethics and culture.
· A strong work ethic and high energy.
· Positive attitude.
· A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire church and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
· Attend a Kimberly Christian Church or a local protestant church
· Adhere to Kimberly Christian Church’s Social Media Policy, Morals Clause, and Marriage, Gender, and Appropriate Behaviors Policy.
· Represent Kimberly Christian Church’s morals and ethics in the community
Job Type: Part-time – 14 hours a week
Will train the right person.
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Available after hours for Prayer Request postings.
Salary: Based on experience.
Benefits: One-week paid vacation per year. 11 paid holidays off per year.
To Apply: Please email your résumé to Dale Hammond: firstname.lastname@example.org