Marriage is truly a beautiful ceremony given to us by God in the very beginning. Genesis 2:24 says, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh". At Kimberly Christian Church we believe and hold strongly to the Biblical view of marriage that takes place between one man and one woman. God has set a standard in His word regarding marriage, and as a church that strives to live Biblically, we want to honor that standard.
Kimberly Christian Church Wedding Policy
1. The couple must be willing to take part in (minimum) 8 weeks/sessions (or more, Pastor's discretion) of premarital counseling.
2. The couple must agree to the terms and conditions by filling out our wedding application.
3. Members are asked to make a suggested donation for the use of our facility.
Non-members will be required to pay for the use of the facility and Pastor(s), etc.
4. If the couple is cohabitating, they must be willing to,
A) Live separately until the wedding and/or
B) Abstain from any sexual behavior until they have been wed.
5. The Pastor reserves the right to refuse services at any time during the course of the premarital counselingand before the wedding, if the Pastor is not confident in a successful marriage or if any of the terms have been broken.
6. We at Kimberly Christian Church hold to the Biblical view of marriage.
Marriage, according to scripture, is the joining of one man and one woman as God created them. Human sexuality, as designed by God, is a gift for a man and woman within the bounds of marriage. (Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5,13; Genesis 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; Romans 7:2; 1 Corinthians 5:1; I Corinthians 6:9; 1 Corinthians 7:10; Ephesians 5:22-23, 25; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; Hebrews 13:4)
For details about premarital counseling or to obtain an application, please contact the church office
email@example.com or (208) 423-5334