Back to Church Plans
Greetings to the saints of God of Kimberly Christian Church, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
While we have not assembled in full, in some time, the elders of KCC wish to appraise you of activities occurring in relation to our body and our plan for going forward in May and beyond.
God’s Instruction to Assemble
Beginning May 3rd, it is our intention to reopen our building for assembling the Church of Jesus Christ. Each Sunday in May, we will have two services, one at 8:30 and one at 10:30. There will be no separate, children, activities and no Coffee Connect or other designated fellowship time.
Our resumption of assembling is consistent with the Word of God found in multiple passages but most directly within Hebrews 10:25, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching".
Ordinance of Man
To likewise submit ourselves to every ordinance of man (1 Peter 2:13), we are reassembling in accordance with the Guidelines for Opening Up Idaho presented by Governor Brad Little and the Department of Health and Welfare of Idaho. Effective May 1st, stage one states the following:
Places of worship can open if they adhere to strict physical distancing, sanitation protocol, and any CDC guidance.
These criteria can be located at https://rebound.idaho.gov/.
To comply with these criteria, we have taken the following actions:
- There will be separate entrance and exit paths. Meaning, each attendee will enter through the common entrance and exit through the top doors. This will be clearly marked, and the preacher will stand near the exit doors at the end of the service.
- Two services are being scheduled to keep the population of each service to below 50.
- The fellowship hall (downstairs) will be open for overflow and we will telecast the service to monitors.
- Rows have been removed from the main sanctuary for distancing purposes.
- An abundance of hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- The building will be thoroughly sanitized prior to the assembly as well as after the assembly.
- Communion cups and bulletins will not be passed and instead, will be placed on each chair in advance of the assembly.
- Offering trays will not be passed and instead, a tray or box will be placed for people to drop their offerings into.
- Attendees are encouraged to abide by the following individual protocols as advised in the Guidelines for Opening Up Idaho:
- Engage in physical distancing of at least six feet.
- Wear face coverings in public places.
- Stay home if sick
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Disinfect surfaces and objects regularly.
- Additionally, the elders request the following:
- Keep together as a family. Families are to sit together in individual rows, should they need to share a row with another family, please allow for a minimum of a two-seat separation between families.
- Refrain from physical contact to include hand shaking, hugging, kissing, etc.
Everyone will be encouraged to attend or not attend as their conscious dictates. There should be no judgment upon those that feel compelled before God to meet and no judgment on those that may think it best to abstain. For folks staying home during this time, we are working to have one service broadcast live and recorded for the edification of those who stay at home.
Additional Speakers in May
The search committee is excited to report God has presented an exceptional, Sr. Pastor candidate, Scott Bryant, for the congregation's consideration. The search committee was inspired by his heart's desire to equip and disciple families, his tremendous presentation skills, his ministerial experience and, most importantly, his heart for God and the church of God.
It is our fond prayer and hope, we will have Scott and his family out to Kimberly in May and present an opportunity for the congregation to get to know Scott and vote on him becoming our next pastor. There are many moving parts on this concern so, it is possible it might not come to pass in May. However, we are working as efficiently as possible within the constraints of the travel limitations of two states.
For now, everyone is encouraged to visit http://myjourneyup.org. Please review the whole site but, particularly, consider viewing the "Bryant Family Legacy Story". This will be a great opportunity to digitally get to know Scott, Kimberly, and the Bryant family. Also, please note his messages at http://www.myjourneyup.org/messages and listen to all you can.
Lacking Scott’s availability, we have several individuals who have offered to fill in to preach and we do not anticipate being challenged on this front.
Contact us with any Needs
From what we understand, our body has been very blessed during this time with good health and full employment. However, please contact the office if you wish to hear from an elder to address any spiritual or earthly needs you may have.
For the glory of Jesus Christ,
The elders of Kimberly Christian Church